Meal prep is something I dread- let’s just get that out of the way. Really, we both know that anything that has to be done EVERY week or EVERY day is something I dread 🙂 However, I discovered early on in this Work From Home game, that I can easily waste my whole day in the kitchen creating inspired and elaborate dishes, so the prepping must be done.
Egg Frittata is one of my favorite recipes to prep for the week. It’s super simple and oh so delicious! It’s also easily customized and perfect for sharing!
Fancy kitchen tools required: A pan that can go from stove top into the oven.
- 1-2 Tablespoons of Olive Oil
- 10+ Eggs/ Whites/ Beaters or any variation
- Any vegetables you want
- Any meat you want
- Any seasonings or cheese that you want 🙂
I bet you’re starting to understand why this is my go-to recipe for breakfast meal prep! You can add anything you want to this recipe to make it fit your macros. It’s well-balanced with carbs, protein and fat that can be adjusted easily to fit your diet. When I’m not cutting, I use whole eggs, but lately I’ve used egg whites, beaters or a combo.
Here’s the gist of what I usually include, but it always changes based on what leftovers are in my fridge:
-10ish Egg Whites
-2 Whole eggs or some egg beaters
-1 Whole Onion, a few leaks, or other oniony veggie
-2-4 Potatoes depending on size (I’ve used both sweet and white)
-6+ Ounces of Lean Meat (ham, turkey bacon, chicken, ground beef, etc.)
-1-2 Ounces of Cheese (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Add olive oil and onions to your stove to oven pan and sauté over medium heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Add meat, potatoes and any other veggies or spices and continue cooking for about 5-10 minutes or until cooked to your liking. Meanwhile, pour/crack eggs into a large bowl and whisk until blended. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Once you’re satisfied with your hash base (warning: it is very tempting to eat the hash you just created 🙂 ), shake the pan to evenly distribute it and then pour the eggs overtop. Optional: I like to sprinkle some parsley on top of the eggs if I’m not adding cheese. Let the eggs cook on medium heat until the sides are firm.
- Place in oven for 10-15 minutes or until cooked through. Optional: add cheese before placing into the oven. Tip: Once you remove your pan from the oven, leave your oven mitt over the handle of your pan so you don’t accidentally grab it and burn yourself (my hubs did this and had terrible burns)
I usually eat some, then cut into big slices and store in tupperware for easy grab and go breakfast. Lasts for about a week in the fridge!
Find my Egg, Ham and Potato Frittata recipe on MyFitnessPal here for nutrition and simple tracking!
Hope this becomes one of your favorites and gives you more time to do what you love ♥
Love & gratitude,